How to clear the Outlook 2013 Autocomplete Cache
The Auto-Complete List is a feature which displays suggestions for names and email addresses as you start to type them. These suggestions are possible matches from a list of names and email addresses from the email messages that you have sent.
If names and email addresses that you enter aren’t saved to the Auto-Complete list, do the following:
1. In the Outlook main window, generate a new email by clicking on the Create a new item icon.
2. In your new email To field, start typing the email address or the name of the contact you would like to clear from the autocomplete cache. It appears listed in a tool-tip.
Press the down arrow key to select the right contact if there are more than one proposed.
Click the delete (X) icon to permanently remove the autocomplete entry you selected.
Advanced method (Clear out the whole AutoComplete cache)
1. In the Outlook main window, click the File menu. From the File menu, click the Options button.
2. In the Options, click the Mail tab and browse to the Send Messages section. Click the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
3. A confirmation box will appear, click Yes. The AutoComplete cache will be completely erased.
Charles Love has been working in the IT Support and Consulting field since 1997. Before IT, Charles was working on his FAA A&P Airline Mechanic Certification in Queens, New York. Charles’ first managed services position was in 2001 on Farmingdale, Long Island, back then MSP’s were called Solution Providers. Throughout his career he has provided valuable consulting to various types of customers and technologies throughout North America. Charles started out as the first Big Sur full-time hire of the now rapidly increasing technical support team. As Director of Service and Cloud Operations, Charles’ role includes developing new and streamlined processes for all of Big Sur’s offerings and leading Big Sur’s highly talented team of engineers.